How to Complain
At Lucas Credit Services we strive to deal with all individuals appropriately and professionally. However, occasionally we may not get something right and you may be dissatisfied with the way in which you have been dealt with. It is never our intention to cause any distress or inconvenience but if you feel that you have been affected in some way, then you are of course entitled to make a complaint.
Lucas Credit Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (the FCA) in respect of consumer credit regulated accounts. Certain consumer credit disputes are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service and are subject to the Ombudsman's rules. The Ombudsman likes firms to attempt to resolve disputes before they get involved and we would therefore ask you to contact us in the first instance so that we can deal with your concerns.
Information about the Financial Ombudsman Service and their approach to dealing with consumer complaints can be found at:
The company is also a member of the Credit Services Association and complaints relating to accounts not regulated by the FCA will be dealt with in accordance with the Credit Services Association's code of practice.
The Company has formal procedures in place for the handling of complaints which are set out below.
If you wish to make a complaint please write to us at the address shown in the "Contact Us" page accessible from the main menu above - Please clearly indicate in your correspondence that you are making a complaint. We will ensure all complaints are handled in a proper, efficient and professional manner.
- Any complaint must be immediately notified to the Compliance team or, in the absence of those individuals, a nominated line-manager/director.
- The complaint will be logged in the Quality Management System Complaint Log.
- The complaint will be acknowledged in writing together with a copy of this Complaints Procedure Summary. Alternatively, if the company is able to respond to the complaint immediately, a written final response will be issued in place of an acknowledgement.
- Compliance team members will investigate the complaint.
- The company will aim to investigate and resolve the complaint within 20 working days. If resolution cannot be concluded within this timescale the complainant will be notified of this and kept informed of progress. In any event a final response must be issued within eight weeks of receipt of the complaint.
- A final response will be sent to the complainant setting out the results of the investigation, the company’s response to the complainant and any action taken as a result of the complaint (if appropriate). Eligible complainants will be advised of their right to refer their complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, or the Credit Services Association, if they remain dissatisfied with the response.
If you are dissatisfied with your complaint being dealt with under our formal complaints procedure and your complaint relates to Consumer Credit regulated matter, you have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge. However, if you do raise your complaint with us first, you will still be able to refer your complaint to the ombudsman after you have received our final response if you remain dissatisfied.